The Story of Stuff



I recently watched this 21 minute video and it really made me think. I wondered how I have spent so many years consuming without even thinking about the effect that it was having on the planet and future generations. In essence, how was I so self-absorbed in having the latest and greatest that I didn't think about the big picture?!?

Until recently I never took the time to really think about where a product came from, who made it, and at what cost. But as I have gotten older I have found myself caring more about our planet and the people living on it. I want it to be around for my children and grandchildren. I want them to know that there is a lot more to life than consuming things. I want them to be mindful of what they purchase.

How long can American's consumer habits continue before there is nothing left to consume? It's a question I found myself asking as I watched this video. Check out this video. Ask yourself why we feel the need to consume the way we do and consider changing your consumer habits. Either way, your decision will impact generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment