Broccoli "Cheese" Soup


Broccoli "Cheese" Soup

Ingredients:

1 Onion
6-8 cups Chopped Broccoli
6-7 Carrots
6-8 Potatoes
3-4 Stalks of Celery
6 cups of Water
3/4 cups Raw Cashews
2-3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast (optional- if you want more of a "cheesy" flavor)
1 tsp Nutmeg
2 tsp Salt- plus more to taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Directions:

Add water to a large pot and and heat to a boil. Add chopped up veggies and boil until they are cooked (or you can stick a fork in them). Add cooked veggies and water to a blender (I have to blend it up in portions-usually 1/4 of the mixture at a time) with the cashews and nutritional yeast and blend until smooth. Add it all back to the pot and add in the nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Once you have it in individual serving bowls you may want to add more salt and pepper to taste. If you think the flavor is lacking just add a little salt and you will love it. 

This is one of my favorite soups! My daughter loves it too! It is healthy and delicious and so easy to whip up! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I made this last night for dinner- so delicious! I need to get some nutritional Yeast- I just sprinkled each bowl with cheese:) I never would have put nutmeg in this and loved it.

    ReplyDelete